This is my own book which I have written to help you start out with brioche knitting.
Brioche knitting is constantly growing in popularity. Knitters with a lot of experience love to challenge themselves, developing their skills by tackling this intriguing and different way of working.
This accessible book is a practical introduction to the technique, with projects to try and ideas for your own designs.
- Explains the important differences and special rules involved in brioche knitting, including unusual terminology.
- Covers brioche knit and brioche purl in one colour, before progressing to two-colour brioche and consideration of colour choices.
- Shows how to use increases and decreases for shaping and for creating reversible surface patterns.
- Gives guidance on knitting in the round and reading charts.
- Offers advice on developing your own ideas and achieving a high-quality finish.
- Includes three two-colour brioche patterns to practise the technique.
- Step-by-step photographs demonstrating all the techniques involved will guide you along the way.
Includes 255 colour images of which 36 are knitting charts plus three two-colour brioche patterns to practise the technique.