Just thought I would share something I did last week.
This little project has been hanging around since the summer when I did some insane embroidery whilst on holiday.
I was in need of a new make-up bag so decided to make one for myself.
Having routed out some suitable contrasting fabrics and a zip I was ready for action.
It didn’t take long to construct a little zipped bag which I lined with the cheerful pink and green fabric in what looks like a roof-tile design. I have 2 bags now…one to keep my embroidery projects in and one to store make-up 🙂
The finished embroidered design is definitely more than slightly over the top, but I am pleased to have put it to good use. I am always underwhelmed with my zip fitting skills and this occasion is no different. The zip is fitted and it works fine and it looks ok, but could most certainly have been done much better. Therefore I have booked myself a day out to learn how to do it properly at York School of Sewing. I’ll let you know how I get on!!