This is my very special knit-a-long for 2022.
I’ve designed this blanket, which is knitted modularly, using inspiration from my own photographs taken in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire over the Autumn months in the last couple of years.
The blanket starts off with one small square. All of the other squares are joined as you go along by picking up stitches from previous squares so there is no sewing up to do at the end and you are only ever going to have 63 stitches or less on your needles. This is what I mean by knitting modularly. The blanket is predominantly knitted in stocking stitch (and reverse stocking stitch) one of the squares contains some simple lace stitches which are easy to master and will have full instructions.
The finished blanket measures approximately 112 x 112 cm
Once the blanket is knitted there are some embellishments added. This is where you can be as creative as you wish by adding your own ideas, adapting mine or leaving this stage out altogether if you prefer. There are some decorations to knit separately and stitch onto the blanket and some simple embroidery stitches which I will provide full instructions for.
Because some of the techniques used might be unfamiliar to some people there are videos to accompany each stage of the blanket, where I talk you through each step to achieving your finished beautiful project.
How does it work?
- purchase the kit here,
- receive a welcome email from me
- yarn will be delivered to you before the start of the KAL
- knit-a-long will start on 1st September 2022 and you will receive an email each week until the final week on 24th November 2022
- each email will contain a pdf with the instructions for the squares to be knitted that week and a link to videos demonstrating anything I think may need to be made clear
- you will be supported throughout by myself through my knit-a-long Facebook group or by email if you prefer
Your kit includes the following quantities of yarn in West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab
- shade A 137 Silver Grey 2 x 100g
- shade B 373 Stormy Grey 1 x 100g
- shade C 491 Hazel Brown 2 x 100g
- shade D 198 Lime Green 1 x 100g
- shade E 011 Arctic White 2 x 100g
- shade F 363 Bottle Green 1 x 100g
- shade G 186 Pear Green 1 x 100g
- shade H 229 Citrus Yellow 1 x 100g
- shade J 557 Crimson Red 1 x 100g
- pattern and videos
You will also need
- 4mm knitting needles
- wool needle
- 30cm square calico or similar for embroidery
- 65mm florist/hat pin or two standard pins
- embroidery hoop also useful (approx 20cm)
- blocking mats and pins
If you bought a kit from Knitting Pretty in Knaresborough or Ewe and Yarn in Thirsk please buy the pattern/video package and use your voucher code at the checkout.
See link below for pattern.